OKLAHOMA BAC CHART
Understanding Oklahoma Blood Alcohol Level
Under Oklahoma law, you can be arrested on suspicion of DUI with a blood alcohol content (BAC) reading of .08% or more. A minor can be charged with DUI if he or she has any trace of alcohol in his or her blood.
It is crucial that you act immediately if you have been arrested on suspicion of DUI. You have 15 days to request a hearing with the Department of Public Safety (DPS) to prevent revocation of your license or obtain a permit to drive to and from work. You are more likely to achieve a successful outcome if you work with experienced attorneys who understand the system.
How Many Drinks Before DUI?
It can be difficult to know whether you have a blood alcohol content equal to or higher than the legal limit. Generally speaking, the less you weigh, the less you can drink before becoming too drunk to legally drive.
Although weight is an important factor in determining how many drinks you can have before you approach .08% BAC, it is important to note that other factors may impact your ability to operate a vehicle when you have been drinking.
Other potential factors include:
- Whether you are taking prescription medication
- Your gender - ask how the BAC chart affects men
- Your body fat percentage
- Whether you ate
Additional Oklahoma DUI laws include:
- It is possible to be arrested if your BAC is less than 0.08% if your driving is considered dangerous to others. In addition, individuals under the age of 21 can be arrested if their BAC is 0.02%. Oklahoma has a zero-tolerance policy and will treat you to the full extent of the law even if it is your first offense.
- You can be arrested even if you aren't driving. Oklahoma law considers it a crime to be under the influence and in "actual physical control". This means that even if you aren't the driver, you have the ability to start the car and drive it. If you wish to be a driver or passenger, it is in your best interests to sober up inside a safe place.
- If you refuse to take a breathalyzer, your driver's license could be suspended. Oklahoma driver's licenses are admitted to those who agree to implied consent. Basically, you agree to BAC testing upon receiving your license.
- DUI arrests usually result in two individual cases. The first case involves criminal charges placed against you. The second is an administrative action designated by the Department of Public Safety. Having an attorney defend your rights during these cases is crucial, as the laws become complex in this area.
BAC Chart is Different for Men
Men and women often have different thresholds for when alcohol impairment begins. For example, a 120-pound woman’s BAC will likely be around .04% after one drink, whereas a 120-pound man’s BAC will likely be around .03% after one drink.
To speak with experienced DUI lawyers in Norman, call (405) 294-1511 now. We offer DUI defense consultations.
Clients are treated with respect, prompt replies to all forms of communication, and each client is seen as a person and not just a ...- Blessed O.
My family will always appreciate the hard work you all put in so thank you from the bottom of our hearts!- Okie M.
Best group of lawyers in Oklahoma!!!- Roberta B.